I deeply apologize for my lack of pasts in the past few days...I was quite busy with my last few days in Cordoba and have been in Buenos Aires since Sunday morning. I'm writing to you from the lobby of our hostel, with all my bags packed and 6 hours until we leave for the airport. My flight doesn't leave until 9:30, so I'll be kickin' it in the Buenos Aires airport for about 5 hours. Hopefully I don't miss my flight! For those of you lucky enough to receive a souvenir from me, you know where I'll be doing my shopping. So many shot glasses and key chains. I believe I last posted on Flag Day, so I'll fill you in on the scuttlebug that has been my life since then.
Thursday: Rocked my oral midterms. Aced that shit. Not really however I did get A's on both so I was quite proud. The thought of speaking one on one with my professors in spanish made me want to piddle my pants, but it was actually not nearly as frightening as I had imagined. I was so lucky to have great professors, and I learned a lot in their classes about the material but also about Argentine culture. I honestly don't remember what I did Thursday night, but I believe it was along the lines of napping and studying on the top bunk in the Ladies Lounge.
Friday: Showed my finals who's boss. It's quite odd that we took a midterm one day then a final the next. It was horrible but I can't complain seeing that I only had 18 days of classes, with an awesome group of people and wonderful professors.
| Spanish in Negocios (business) with Rosana. Self timer pic! |
When I returned home around 3, I walked in and the family was just finishing up lunch with about 10 friends. Just as I was about to pass out in bed, Pepe said "6:30 a.m.?! Chocola!" and gave me a high five. If only I got that kind of support and positive reaction at home when I come home late...take note Dad. On Saturday evening, our last night in Cordoba, we had a good bye dinner at this great Tango restaurant in the city. Our professors came, and the directors of the program. Afterwards, we went to a boliche called Studio Teatro, where we listened to some Avril Lavigne and the Rolling Stones. My two faves!!!
We returned home at 3, and woke up 3 1/2 hours later to head to the airport. For those of you who can't do math, like myself, that's a whopping 5 hours of sleep in two nights. I not only looked good, but I felt good, and sounded like Marge Simpson after smoking a pack of cigs. That morning, we had a tearful farewell, and it was extremely sad saying bye to the Chiavarros. They were the perfect host family, and could not be more loving and caring. I am so thankful for them opening their house to us for those 5 weeks. Not to worry, I've been messaging Mama on FB. She's dying to score some tags from the ginormous album that will be coming your way rather soon.
Cordoba was a perfect place to study--the family, the school, and the friends I got to know so well really helped make this experience so memorable. I honestly would not change anything, besides the disgusting amount of white bread I have consumed. But it tasted sooo gooooood. Leaving Cordoba was bittersweet; I was sad to say bye to it all but the memories will stay with me forever.
Don't worry, I'm not done yet. I still have to inform you on my wild escapades in Buenos Aires, but I'm going to need to take a break and do some shopping in our neighborhood.
chau chau chau,
kris

No comments:
Post a Comment