Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Buenos tardes!

I'm writing to you from the patch of grass in the backyard of the house, soaking up the 60 degree sun to the best of my ability in my pants and sweater.  Today is flag day, which is taken a little more seriously here than in the U.S. (no drinking at the beach in red white and blue swim suits) so I have no class, and everyone takes the day off; therefore, most of the stores are closed.  As a result, I have been hanging out at the house all morning.  After taking a run, I came home to possibly one of the greatest surprises of my life (other than the time I got a purple bike for my 6th birthday, sans training wheels).  I was standing in the porch area with Mary, trying to figure out why my body entire was literally letting off steam.  I know I'm hot, but this was weird.  Before we could figure out the answer to said phenomenon occurring in my flawless body, we were interrupted by the dog, Manchita, who had been missing for 2 days.  Manchita plopped her no longer pregnant body on the stoop outside the backdoor.  We obviously freaked out, and were taken aback by the absolutely enourmous size of her nipples which now look like full on utters.  Thinking she could understand us, we started asking her questions in english, along the lines of, "WHERE THE HELL ARE THE PUPPIES MANCHI?!?!" Despite the obvious language barrier, she seemed to get the message just fine and led us to the sketchy shed in the way back of the yard.  Outside the door, we heard little whimpers and cries that were just so freaking cute.  We followed her to the way back, shooting down cobwebs right and left, until we saw it...6 little nugget puppies all piled up on top of one another, eyes still closed, making freakishly human-like cries.  I'm going to be honest, they look kind of like rats right now, so I refuse to touch them but still from about 3 feet away they're such love bugs.  But I'm their aunt, so I will love them no matter how disgusting they look.  Mom and Dad hope you don't mind if I bring one home! I shall name it fluffy.  It's important you know that In the Rincón Bonita neighborhood, Manchita is currently plagued with the reputation of being somewhat slutty.  She has already unloaded a batch of puppies this year, and it didn't take her long to get her little ass back in the game.  If you saw her right now, lying next to me in the grass, you'd want to ask her how she got her body back so quickly.  If I could answer for her, I would say it's undoubtedly the breast feeding.  I just went and checked on the puppies, because I am such a responsible caregiver, and they look adorable.  It's siesta time for the sextuplets, and they're in a puppy pile in the corner, with 4 in a row, head to feet, and two lounging on top.  I'm currently drafting some names for the little guys, but I will have to get to know them on a more personal level first.

Manchi last week. She was a little camera shy due to her weight. 

My new neices and nephews getting their milk fix in for the day.

Tomorrow I have midterms in my classes, which are both done one on one with the professor speaking in spanish.  Then on Friday I have final exams, and Sunday I leave Cordoba and spend 5 days in Buenos Aires before returning to the wonderful U S of A.

Chau!
Kris


No comments:

Post a Comment